The spring bank holiday, also known as the late May bank holiday, is a time for people in the United Kingdom to have a day off work, university or school. It falls on the last Monday of May but it used to be on the Monday after Pentecost.
Unipad Student Housing Lancaster has by hand, selected 3 top attractions in Lancaster to visit during the long Spring Bank Holiday Weekend!
1/. Lancaster Castle
Dating back 1,000 years, this hilltop grade I-listed fortress was a prison for centuries. Outside London, more people were hanged here than anywhere else in England, earning Lancaster the sobriquet of ‘the hanging town’.
You no longer need to be a criminal to visit Lancaster Castle. Since 2013, it’s been open to tourists.
2/. Coffee quarter
J.Atkinson & Co coffee roasters, established in 1837, claims to be the city’s oldest business. New owners are injecting the city with a caffeine buzz. With two cafes outlets n Lancaster; “The Hall” and “The Music Room”, The Hall won ‘best flat white in the UK’ in 2013.
3/. Lancaster Canal
With 43 miles of lock-free canal winding its way through Lancaster and the surrounding farmland. In the 19th century a horse-drawn passenger boat operated on the canal, Now visitors can take a diesel-powered pleasure cruise across an impressive Georgian aqueduct over the River Lune. A return trip of 4.2 miles takes nearly two hours and costs around £7.50
All information is shared with you by Unipad Student Housing Lancaster.
10 Reasons Why Lancaster University Is The Greatest University Of All Time.
Here are some of the reasons why Lancaster Uni is just the GREATEST.
1. If you’re into exotic birds!, You will find ducks waddling around all over the campus.
2. If you’re feeling hungry, there is a Greggs right in the centre of campus.
3. The notoriously infamous (debatable?) Student Union run Sugarhouse.
4. The library is open for access 24/7. A good place to visit after a late night at the Sugarhouse.
5. There is a collegiate system and college pride.
6. We are the victors when it comes to Roses.
7. Every college has their own bar and common rooms.
8. In your first year, you have the flexible option of taking up a minor. (Apart from your chosen major, why not take up something else that you’re interested in?)
9. Lancaster University is voted one of the most scenic universities in the UK.
10. They have a Woodland Trail that encompasses the outskirts of the University.
Maybe it’s the fact that Lancaster University happens to be ranked in the top 10 in all UK Major League Tables? Or perhaps it’s the fact that it’s one of the most vibrant urban centres in the UK? Well, here are what some of the critics have to say…
“A Top 10 University.” – The Times/Sunday Times, The Guardian.
“The best student experience possible.” – The Students.
“The most capable and employable graduates.” – The Employers.
“We simply cannot compete.” – York University.
Information Shared by Unipad Student Housing Lancaster