Planning your arrival at Lancaster University
Like many others you will be “So Excited” to start your course at Lancaster University?
So Unipad Luxury Student Housing Lancaster has put a few key things together to help you get ready before you head-off to Lancaster.
Just follow these simple steps to ensure you are prepared.
1. Pay your fees : Many students arrange for their fees to be financed by Student Finance. Ensure that you have completed and uploaded all your student finance applications in time.
You may be eligible to receive scholarships and bursaries depending on your family income and academic performance.
- Check whether you are eligible to receive an award
Check the lancaster.ac.uk scholarships and bursaries page, this provides details of eligibility for a variety of funding opportunities as well as their cash value. See whether you are likely to receive a scholarship or bursary.
- Find out more about how the system works
Get answers to all your questions at the lancaster.ac.uk scholarships and bursaries FAQ page. Topics include applications, eligibility, payments and what happens if your situation changes.
- Authorise payments
Find detailed instructions at lancaster.ac.uk/student-based-services/ on how to nominate a bank account to receive payments
2. Arrange accommodation : Before you arrive you will be invited to apply for accommodation on campus for your first year at Lancaster. Undergraduates will also be invited to apply to a college while all postgraduates become Grad College members. Alternatively you might want to consider living off campus in the heart of the City in a Studio, Apartment or House Share with friends.
If you decide to live on Campus for the first year and move off Campus for the second year; To avoid disappointment, be ready to start your hunt for accommodation in late October as this is when all the best private luxury student housing in Lancaster is snapped up.
3. Begin Registration : Registration is the process of becoming an official member of the University. Simply follow the steps.
- Look out for the University registration email
Thirty days before the start of your course, the University will send you an email asking you to begin Registration online. A link in the email will take you to webpages where you will:
• Confirm personal and course details
• Agree to the rules of the University.
Make sure to check your junk email folder if you don’t receive this email.
If you are eligible to vote in local, national or European elections, you will also be given the opportunity to register as a voter.
- Receive your University Account username, and set your password
Once you have completed step one, you will:
• Receive your University Account username – this will be based on your name
• Be directed to set a password for your University Account
• Confirm a personal email address if you want to be able to reset your password online.
Using your University Account username and password you can access University IT services and will be able to get online as soon as you arrive. Please note that some IT services may not be made available to you until after your course start date.
- Attend your Registration event
You will complete the Registration in person at your Registration event once you arrive on campus.
4. Plan your journey and what to pack : Whether Lancaster is a short road trip or a long haul flight away, here is all the information you need to pack your suitcases and make your way to Lancaster
- How to get to Lancaster
Information on how to get to the University campus is available on the university Maps and Travel page. It includes sections on road, air, rail, bus and cycle travel.
If you are an international student you can find information about immigration and how to travel between UK airports and campus on the university International webpages.
5. Download iLancaster : The free ‘iLancaster’ app will be an essential companion during your time at Lancaster
iLancaster is available as an app to download for Android and Apple devices. Alternatively, you can access it via a web browser.
In the build up to Welcome Week, iLancaster will contain handy tools for new students including a ‘Prepare for Lancaster’ checklist of things you need to do, a ‘Welcome Guide’ version of this website, and a Welcome Week schedule that you can personalise.
To get access to the full set of services you’ll want as a Lancaster student (including your personal course timetable, and an attendance check-in feature for undergraduates to automatically record your attendance at teaching sessions), log in with your University Account username and password then make sure you select the ‘Student/Staff User’ profile.
If you’ve already been using iLancaster (eg you’re currently using the ‘Visiting Lancaster’ or ‘Future Student’ profile) you’ll have to log out of iLancaster, then log back in with your University Account username and password and select the ‘Student/Staff User’ profile.
You’ll have your University Account username and password once you’ve done the online stage of registration.
Most of All; Make the Most of Your University Lifestyle and Enjoy Your Time Living and Studying in Lancaster.
All information is sourced by lancaster.ac.uk and is shared to you by Unipad Student Housing Lancaster.